Friday, October 1, 2010

Never ending

HOUSEWORK!

It is one of those things that is NEVER ending. As soon as you feel a slight bit of accomplishment, WHAM, it's all gone.

Even so, I still do it. Regularly as a matter of fact. Some days you would seriously think I sat on my butt all day eating bon bon's (well I actually don't care for them..maybe some dark chocolate) but I really don't.

I tend to get overwhelmed easily with the amount of things required of me on a daily basis. I am SUPER sensitive when someone my hubby mentions something that needs organizing or cleaning. Sometimes, cleaning (folding laundry, organizing, dejunking, cooking) becomes my priority over spending time with God or my children. So I have decided I need to take a step back and re-prioritize.

God is #1! I NEED to spend time with Him each day. For me this is during nap time because all is quiet in the house and I can just focus on Him.

My family is #2. If someone needs a little "mommy time", I will STOP what I am doing (or finish) and spend some time with them. Cooper is doing preschool at home this year and needs much more one on one attention than Kylie ever did. It is perfectly fine, just something I need to get use to.

Housework #3. I do believe we should have a welcoming home. An environment that is warm and somewhat picked up. Therefore, I need to assign ONE task per day that needs to be accomplished. Along with this one task, I need to do the daily things...laundry, cooking, sweeping. Whatever else doesn't get done...well that's for tomorrow. I have also come to realize that NO ONE really cares if you have freshly moped floors and sparkling windows. It is a no win situation for me. I wash things, my kids spill things. I vacuum, someone dumps a bowl of popcorn on the rug. I do laundry, there is another load waiting to go in. I also don't like walking into houses (especially with my kids) that are perfectly organized. I'm afraid I will mess something up (or my kids will spill, break, or barf on something). I like a house that has toys out and laundry waiting to be folded!

So there it is friends...and I case you were wondering, here is what is on the list today.

For starters I will be spending time with God around 12:00 today!

1) Major task: Organize Addy's room. Put 12 month close into ONE bin and get rid of the rest (anyone need any?) Hang up those pictures that have been on her dresser for a while year. AND put away the laundry basket that has been sitting in her room for 3 days now.

2) Work on the letter "B" with Cooper today and read some stories to both Addy and Cooper.

3) Fold all of the laundry I washed yesterday and put away.

4) Wrap gifts that need to be distributed this weekend to my brother and sister (Happy birthday Shawna and BJ)

5) Prep dinner

6) RUN...seriously, this clears my head.

7) If I have time...wipe down the bathrooms!

Okay..now I need to get off of the computer and get to work! Have a great Friday everyone!

No comments: