Being new to the world of essential oils, I feel I am constantly looking up a new use for my oils. My friends have questioned what would be the best for their families. Some just know nothing about oils other than they smell good. That being said, I figured I would put together a few lists of oils that might interest y'all. For starters, I am going to focus on those oils every mom should have around. Just so you know...this is just my opinion!
The Mom Cabinet:
Lavender: You can use it for just about anything!
- Put it on cuts or scraped knees to alleviate pain.
- Helps those babies sleep better (and mama). Put a few drops in a spray bottle and spray on sheets.
- Feels great to massage into your neck after a loooonnnggg day/night
- Calms ear pain (don't put it in the ear). Rub behind the ear during ear infections.
- Put a few drops in the tub and relax.
- Put a few drops in your laundry detergent.
- Holly headache! Rub some into your temples to help with headaches.
- Put a few drops in water for an afternoon pick me up.
- Place a few drops in the tub (with lavender) to help clear up a stuffy nose
- Have a sore throat or mussel ache. Rub some on the inflamed area to help with pain.
- Put a few drops in your humidifier at night to help with colds.
- Good for digestion!
- You should totally read about thieves here. It is so interesting.
- Have a cold, virus, infection? Lather up your feet with thieves oil before bed. You will feel better in the morning.
- Clean just about anything with it. It has an antimicrobial component to it.
- Put some on your wrist and smell like Christmas :) The kids will come running.
- Ingest some to help build your immune system! Seriously!
- Put a few drops in water for an afternoon wake up call.
- Place some drops in your homemade cleaner for a fresh smell
- Use in recipes that call for lemon juice
- Although I haven't use it for this yet, it can be massaged into skin to improve circulation.
Eucalyptus: Vicks anyone?
- Arthritis, bronchitis, cold sores, colds, coughing, fever, flu, poor circulation, sinusitis are a few of the things it helps with.
- If your kid has a cold (or you) put some in your humidifier.
- Rub some (diluted) on your chest before bed!