Tuesday, October 8, 2013

GF Apple Pie Bread

Apples, apples, apples!

Yes, we have lots of apples thanks to Kylie's teacher who has an abundance of apple trees.

That being said, I have already canned apples sauce, frozen apple pie filling, and put apples in almost every meal AND we still have apples.

Today I decided to make my own apple bread...Gluten free style of course :)  Guess what...IT IS DELICIOUS!!!  Yes, I am a bit surprised but I figured I would share it with you all as well.
Kara's GF Apple Pie Bread:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar (or another sweetener of choice)
1/3 cup yogurt
1 cup GF flour blend of choice (you can use spelt*)
1/2 cup GF oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 apples, skinned and chopped

 Mix wet ingredients, add to dry.  Fold in apples.

Bake at 350 for 50 mins

*spelt is sometimes tolerated well by those with a gluten sensitivity.  For those with a serious allergy or ce

liac, please avoid!

No comments: