Friday, January 6, 2012

Papers everywhere






I don't know about you but I find that we accumulate a lot of papers...

And I.HATE.PAPERS!

So, what do you do with all of those beautiful pieces of priceless artwork and school work?

This year, I decided to take charge of the papers. Each kid was assigned a crate where all papers would go when they got home from school/church. After they showed off their creations and decided if one was valuable enough to be hung on the door, we put the rest of the papers in their crate. At the end of each month, I go through each crate and pull out extra special projects or things that show their progress level and put them in a folder. The folder if then labeled and placed in a bin in their closet. Last year, Kylie only had 2 folders (full) of projects that describe her year!
Before:
After:

I have found this to be a great way to deal with the "paper situation"!

Now if I can just come up with a system for the "other papers" we accumulate...hmmmm

2 comments:

Corrie said...

This Christmas the kids and I created a daily calendar for my hubby. You know the type that you rip off every day. I used all our "art work" to create it. My only suggestion was to start it well before Thanksgiving. I had no idea how much art work was needed to create a calendar! Unfortunately, my husband says, "Hooray! It's reusable." No, really, I don't mind making you one every year! LOL. BTW, we put verses on every page too.

Maya said...

Great ideas! I do something similar, except we display my son Nick's (4) best artwork of the month on his "art wall" in his room. once the year is over (My INTENTIONS are lol) take them down and start over, keeping the most favorite (or two, or 7... picking my battles!) into his folder for that year. :)