Friday, September 24, 2010

My most favorite time of the year

As you all know, I am a fan of fall.

I love the SMELL, crisp air and all the bright colors. (although today it feels more like summer).

You know one thing I REALLY like to do in the fall....yup, pick apples. So we took the kiddos to Johnny Appleseed last weekend to pick tons of apples. In the past we have gone to other orchards..you know, the ones that put on a show but we figured we would stick close to home this year. I am so glad we did. This has to be one of the best orchards. Plus, it was beautiful.

Cooper couldn't reach yet...he said, "maybe one more year".

Addy tasted EVERY apple in the orchard and screamed for more
Kylie's funny apple
Are you feeling the love?

AND...it was super cheap. $10 per bushel!!

AND..we have been back to pick more already because we like ourselves some applesauce, apple butter, apple pie, and apple crisp!

With that being said, I want to share with you a recipe I found for canned apple pie filling. Now, I did make some changes to the recipe. I added a bit more sugar and a few more apples than it calls for. I also added a lot more cinnamon and some nutmeg and it turned out GREAT!

So go pick some apples and make some yummy apple things!

No comments: