Thursday, June 10, 2010

Call me crazy!

As I said before, I am reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. And YES you should ALL read this book..seriously!

Well God is speaking to me. It's funny how he does that right? And then we are all surprised when God changes something in our lives.

Tonight I came across this line in the book, " Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy".

How many times have you (or I) done something or said something that we knew wasn't what God would want? I mean deny Him or His work just because we don't want to be social awkward?

I got news for you folks, that is NOT what God wants. It truly hurts him when we straight up deny his works. So, guess what? I WILL be the crazy girl now. The one who says what might not be what others want to hear, the one who helps the "annoying" person of the group, the one who loves the unlovable, the one who gives her seat up for the elderly, the one who SERVES Jesus!

My personal challenge this week is to look for those situations where I would usually ignore and GO FOR IT!

4 comments:

Corrie said...

Good for you. Just remember that you aren't on your own. God is the One who gives you strength to do it.

Amy said...

I have been looking at this book for a long time...I finally ordered it this morning. :) Can't wait for it to get here!

Nicole said...

You are the second person I know reading this book...maybe I need to pick it up :)

Rebz said...

It gets easier to follow those little nudges- with practice of course.
XOXO
joce