Thursday, February 25, 2010

Easy peasy kids thank you note

My daughter is 5 . Being 5, she does not like to write the same thing over and over again and frankly, I don't have the patience to wait for her to write out 10 thank you notes. Which leads me to this tutorial...

Before I being, I will give you a little background on how this came about. For Kylie's invitations to her birthday party I had her draw a butterfly, then scanned it and copied it into a word document so everyone got a personalized Kylie butterfly. I was telling my SIL about this and she said, "hey you should do that with thank you notes too". Light bulb!!!

All you do is have your child write out a simple statement such as, "thank you for my" and then leave a blank space. After that have them sign their name at the bottom. That way she (or he) can go back and fill in the name and the gift ( or mom can if she has no more patience left).

I then added her butterfly drawing back to the document and wallah...




Now I cannot seem to figure out how to show you the complete document but I can show you the thank you note minus the butterfly. I ended up putting the butterfly right next to her name.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This is a great idea and I loved your butterfly party theme! I had the same theme for my little Bean's first birthday...pinata too! Just also wanted to let you know that you won the aden + anais sleep sack on Babies Gotta Have It. I sent you an email to your hotmail address...will resend it tonight. Want to be sure to get you your prize!

Nicole said...

I'll file this one away in the "good ideas from Kara" section ;)