Saturday, May 23, 2009

update on the preggo's situation

Okay...here is the deal: Yesterday I went to the docs for my 38 week check up and found that my blood pressure was up. For those of you who don't know my past history with pregnancy...know that this is VERY common in the end of pregnancy for me. They were concerned about the baby's movements as well so hooked me up to a fetal monitoring machine and gave me a magazine. The baby was being pretty stubborn, so they sent me to the hospital for further evaluation. Now..I will start by saying the LAST thing I want is to be induced. It hurts A LOT more than going naturally (I can say this because I have done both). BUT..I was pretty convinced that is what they were going to do. I was wrong! I had a really nasty mean resident who apparently didn't read the charts before she came to talk to me...EVER. At the end I explained that I was concerned with the pattern of high blood pressure I have had in pregnancy and DID NOT ever want to go on Magnesium again (thats the worst). But she assured me they would "keep and eye" on me! OHHHH frustration. They even gave me a stinken IV for no reason! I was d/c with the plan of calling my doc on Sunday (like he can take my blood pressure over the phone) and hopefully make another arrival within the next week!

I am over it now....well not really, but at least I didn't have to go through being induced again (cross your fingers). So ladies..I NEED TO GET THIS BABY OUT BEFORE MY B/P goes up again! I am taking evening primrose oil in hopes it does something. I am dialated 2 cen and 60% effaced (which can mean anything). The doc made the comment that the baby's head is VERY low...all which is good! My next plan of attack would be to run a marathon and hope that I don't kill myself before the baby drops out!

I am totally writing this so that I don't want to have another baby 2 years from now! My hubby is completely against anymore insane pregnancy hormones in this house!

Hopefully I will update soon...we will bring the computer to the hospital so we can post from there when it's time!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Kara,
Praying for all to go smoothly and soon!!
I can't wait to see the new baby!

Julie

Nicole said...

Poor Kara. I can totally sympathize with you...I had my fair share of annoying situations with doctors. I will keep you in my prayers. Come on baby number three, Mama is ready!