Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's cooking?

It's hot!

My husband would say it's too hot for a roast but in my opinion, it is never to hot for a roast. Okay well maybe if the roast is in you oven but in crockpot is just fine with me!

So here is what is for dinner tonight...

Ingredients:
roast of your choice ( I had an arm roast in my freezer for our recent cow purchase)
diced tomatoes (either fresh or canned...about 1 cups worth)
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
teaspoon of fresh Oregano
other herbs of your choice ( I used some chives)

Place all ingredients in your crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Then cook up some potatoes. Now I do not like crockpot potatoes. They are just too mushy and taste like meat. Potatoes are suppose to taste like potatoes, not meat. So I chop them up, put them in a 8x8 pan sprinkle them with olive oil and some garlic salt and broil them until they are brown. YUM.

So there you have it...an easy dinner for a busy mom.

on a side note: while chopping the onions, Addy decided she wanted a taste (I think she thought it was an apple). I gave her a pice and now she is in love with raw onion..yuck!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Nice supper. I even plug in my crockpot outside so that little bit of energy doesn't heat up the house.

Was the roast yummy? Does she want more onion? I guess that'll keep the boys away.