First on the list...MEAL!
I already spend near nothing on groceries but we always seem to have a lot in our cupboards. That being said, we are eating it ALL this month. Yes, we are going to clean out our pantry which will require a bit of creativity from this mama. I am very open to any suggestions on simple meals (kid friendly of course) so please comment with any you may have.
A few meals we may start with...
- Bean and cheese burritos (and whatever salsa/sour cream we have in the fridge)
- Tacos (I make taco seasoning, canned a lot of tomatoes this fall, and have a freezer full of meat)
- Breakfast for dinner. Potato pancakes, bacon, and eggs from our chickens
- Roast with veggies
- Ham (and leftover for soups and lunch meat).
- Lots and lots of stew...
- Cheeseburger Quiche (GF of course)
- Skillet meat supper
- Pasta with homemade meatballs
- Whole chicken in rotisserie cooker (leftover for soup)
- Texas chili
- Mexican style beef tacos
- LOTS OF SOUP...and did I mention soup?
- Hashbrown Sausage Casserole
- Herb rubbed sirloin tip roast
- Daddy's favorite! (Chicken pan fried in State Fair Sauce)
- Shepherds Pie.
- Sloppy Joes
And PLEASE give me some more suggestions!
Lets see how much $ we save this month doing this!