Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trust me...

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

Trust.

That is what I see when I read this verse. He TRUSTS his wife. He has nothing, nothing, NOTHING to worry about! He is confident in her faithfulness to him.

As I was researching this verse I came across a sermon which spoke of the part of the verse, "lack nothing of value". The pastor (sorry I cannot remember his name) said that a man can leave his wife with all of his treasures and not have to worry that they will disappear while he is gone. This made me think of how MY hubby goes to work so that I can stay home. He earns the money and trusts that I will not go out an blow it all on a new pair of shoes. He is confident that I will buy what is necessary for the house and not go above and beyond that. This leads into a whole new topic of a need verses a want but I think I will leave that one for later. TRUST....

Not only does this apply to our husbands, but to our children as well. I read it phrased this way, "Her children have full confidence in her and they lack nothing of value".

That is a pretty big load to take on my friends. I don't know about you but my role as a wife and a mother can be totally overwhelming at times. Not only does my husband need to have full trust in me, my children need that as well. I personally feel this is extremely important in the development of a child. They need to learn how to trust the important people in their lives.

How do I encourage trust you ask?

By being a loving, consistent, their-for-you, boo boo kissing, disciplinarian, boundary setting, snuggling, listening mama.

Am I perfect at this? ABSOLUTELY NOT! But I try and I strive to be a trustworthy person. Remember what I said in the initial post...this was written as an example of the woman God has called us to be.

So today I challenge you with being a woman of trust. Make sure you husbands, children, (or others) can say you are a woman they can be confident in. You can be trusted!

How will you show this today? Curious on your thoughts...

2 comments:

Rebz said...

Nice post. I agree with the consistency thing about building trust.
And, you won the giveaway on my blog.
XOXO
Joce

Monkee said...

Beautiful Post! I take that trust one step further. I do not have children of my own, but my fiance TRUSTS and needs to be able to trust me with his Treasures...his children. And I try to earn and keep that trust as well :)