Friday, April 16, 2010

I am rare and beautiful

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

The first part of this passage refers to a woman's character as a wife.

Noble character...Noble is defined as a person of an exalted moral or mental character or excellence, of an admirably high quality; notably superior.

And rubies...they are up there with diamonds. Rare and beautiful.

What a hard thing to live up to. Not only do I need to be noble, a person of excellence, but I also need to act in a way that is rare and beautiful...all the time.

There are days when I don't think I could be worth more than a piece of coal let alone a ruby. My attitude does not reflect the attitude of a woman who is noble or worth more than rubies!

.hmmmmm how can I portray this in my everyday work? Maybe by believing it. God made ME...Kara! Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations." He made me to do His work! What a privilege. I am rare..and (at times) beautiful. I think if we believe we are these things, we will portray them in our everyday interactions with our husbands.

Dear Lord, Help me to believe that I am a person of excellence. You created me, therefore, I am rare and beautiful. One of a kind. Help me to daily display my qualities to my husband. Amen.

4 comments:

Rebz said...

What a great prayer. While I have thought about being a wife of noble character, I rarely think about displaying those qualities to my husband.
Thanks lady,
XOXO
Joce

Monkee said...

What a beautiful prayer. I have never really heard of this proverb, but that is how my mom strived to be for my father and that is how I strive to be and friends always accuse me of being old fashioned and "You know, the 1950's are over" and that's not what I want to be, but I believe that this is proverb explains how as women of God we are to be!!

Corrie said...

"His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness..." 2 Peter 1:3. You can't be a ruby all the time in your own power. Let Jesus shine through you.

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creating; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2Cor5:17. Thank God, right? We are rubies because of His work on the cross! We are daughters of the king, rare and valuable!

Great job, Kara

Unknown said...

I am so proud of the woman God continues to make you! It is a blessing to see His work in YOU! I love you deeply and thank God for the GIFT of YOU!
Keep seeking Him....He will give you the desires of your heart. Matthew 6:33