Monday, February 15, 2010

Happiness...true happiness

Happiness...true happiness doesn't come from the seen but from the unseen.

Something we all strive for is to be happy. Like all of you, I struggle with being happy all the time. There are days were I wake up and say, "It WILL be a good day today" but within 10 minutes someone has spilled an entire cup of juice on the floor, the baby is screaming to be fed, the heat broke, and I cannot find any coffee in the house.

I want to have a joyful heart. I want to love others unconditionally. I want to be content with where I am....

But I struggle.

Today I read this verse

"
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38

Ahhhaaa

I do feel happy when I give to others. Not just materially but emotionally. You would think I know this by now. Come on, I'm 25 29 years old. But I don't. Some days I get caught up in the busyness of life and forget to just give.

So this week, I have decided to give...give time, give food, give money, and most importantly give LOVE.

God is good and rewards those who obey Him. I choose to obey....

So give my friends, give.

While seeking happiness for other, we unconsciously find it for ourselves. ~Unknown author

Oh and here is a recipe you can "GIVE" or eat

Biscuits

2 Cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
1 egg

preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly. Add milk, then egg. Blend well. Roll out the dough and cut, or drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

No comments: