Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Words about the election

Most of you know I do not get overly involved in politics, but something about this election has my fire burning. Maybe it was because I wasn't overly impressed with either candidate or maybe it was because I am truly concerned about where are country is going.

So here comes the part where some of you think I am a crazy....I am hoping and praying I am wrong here, but I have MAJOR concerns about Obama being our president. He scares me!!! Although he does have some good ideas, some of his beliefs are far beyond what our country SHOULD be founded on...GOD! How can a man who claims to be a Christian believe in partial birth abortion. I don't care what religion you are...that is just wrong. Murder is Murder and I don't know of a more ludicrous way of getting around it! This is just one example, there are many others where I just think things are going to get sketchy.

On another note: I am truly saddened about how this election turned into a color issue. It just drives me crazy how people always talk about the fact that color doesn't matter anymore. It just has to do with who is the BEST candidate. I have had the TV on for the last hour and it has not turned away from the fact that Obama is black. I really have not heard much about how qualified he is...just that this is a historic event because he is black! Talk about separation of God's people. Did you know that in this election, America had the highest turnout of minority voters in history! That pretty much says that he was voted for JUST because he was black by some people. But I digress...

Let's just pray I am wrong...let's pray Obama gets this country out of the deep hole it has sunk into. Let's pray Obama turns to God for the answers this country needs!

Know that this post is pretty much me writing down all of the ideas in my head.

2 comments:

Rebz said...

I agree that there is more than one thing that is upsetting about Obama as president.
I just don't have the energy to expound at this time.
Keep your chin up, God is on the Throne and prayer changes things.
XOXO
Joce

Rebz said...

And for a good like-minded discussion on the topic, check out
http://northviewdiary.blogspot.com/
Tell her Joce sent ya.
XOXO
Joce