Monday, May 3, 2010

Strength

She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

The word Vigorous is defined as "Strong, energetic, and active in mind or body; robust."

I don't know about you but I am not always strong, energetic, active, or robust when it comes to being a homemaker. Don't get me wrong, I do have some spurts of energy here and there but when the baby has been up all night and won't nap, the 3 year old poops his pants for the second time, and the 5 year old refuses to clean up her toys, I am a bit WHOOPED! (note: as I write this the baby is SCREAMING because she is refusing a nap again which has zapped my energy once again).

But here she is displayed as having strong arms for her tasks which she does vigorously. Where do you get your strength? As Christians we know where we get our strength...GOD but we don't always call on him. *insert a smack on the head here* Psalm 28:7 says, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.". There it is...He is our strength but he asks for one thing in return...Trust! Trust that God will give you the strength to be the best homemaker, mother, woman, friend, neighbor, or wife that He created you to be. The words of Chris Tomlin's song "Everlasting God" come to mind when I think about strength in the Lord.


Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

So use Him...use HIS strength because we alone are NOTHING...hear that NOTHING without Him. I know I pray all day long, especially when I want to scream "LISTEN TO ME...I AM MOM". God does give me strength to complete the task he has given me. I know this task will change as I grow older and I know that God will continue to strengthen me.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

I love that you point out that God is the source of our strength. In our weakness...

jessica said...

I LOVE this post.....

My one 4 year old is enough of a handful and I just found out Im preggo again, I will need much of Gods strength to keep me going. But I believe he will strengthen me, he already has in the past year of my trials and tribulation.

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.