Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Detour

Yes, I know I haven't updated you on my journey of the Proverbs 31 woman. BUT...God has had me reading, Crazy Love by France Chan. Let me tell you, it is a life changing book. Really!

Anyways, I wanted to share with you a short part that really struck me today.

Frances is talking about being a Lukewarm Christian. You know, the one that none of us want to admit to being. So I don't swear, I give my time to the needy, I read my Bible (and study it), etc... so why would I be a lukewarm Christian? Yeah, I am..Darn! Well he gives a lot of examples of a lukewarm Christian and this particular one really struck me.

"Lukewarm people don't really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin. They don't genuinely hate sin and aren't truely sorry for it; they're merely sorry because God is going to punish them. Lukewarm people don't really believe that this new life Jesus offers is better than the old sinful one. "

hmmmmm. I have to be honest with you, this is true. Really! Who wants to live a life in hell? Not me! But do I ask for forgiveness for my sins because I want to live like Jesus or because I am just afraid of hell?

So my challenge this week is to genuinely love God and ask for His forgiveness because my life in Him is the MOSt important thing....

Thoughts...

2 comments:

J.Worthington said...

I like this very much. I try very hard not to fall into this category. I am passionate about living life for God, but admit that sometimes we all lack in some are or another. And for this I always ask forgiveness and truly in my heart feel bad knowing I could be doing more. If the heart is sincere in its efforts then, God understands, for we are all indeed sinners and this is why Christ died for us, we have all been washed clean. I have been reading some books myself and I just love when you have an awakening when reading. God be with us all in our efforts to live life right by him.

Hanna said...

I love this book.
I hate this book.

I love it because it IS SO TRUE. It is making me really want to strive to do better for GOD... not for reward.

I hate this book because it IS SO TRUE... I am a baby Christian, and I am starting to feel like I am drowning in all the ways that I just don't measure up to God's expectations.

Having a frustrating day. Grrr.