Monday, November 16, 2009

I DID IT, I DID IT!

I know, it's not exciting for you but it is for me...

I MADE MY OWN GLUTEN FREE BREAD RECIPE...AND IT'S GOOD!

I couldn't believe it. I really really really do not like GF bread. It tastes like baked beans and yucky rice. Gross! So I was on a mission to create a great GF bread recipe. Here it is...feel free to make it even if you aren't gluten intolerant because it has lots and lots of good things in it and it tastes very yummy.

1 c milk
1 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/4 c honey (plus some for drizzling)
2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
1 1/2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 C buckwheat Flour
3/4 c Gluten free flour mix ( I used Bob's Red Mill all purpose baking flour)
1 c gf oats
1/4 c flaxseed meal
cooking spray


Directions

In a large bowl, combine Xanthan Gum, baking powder, salt, flours, and flaxseed meal. Set aside for later use.

In mixing bowl, add milk, oil, eggs and honey, mix. Add dry ingredients and mix. Pour bread batter into greased loaf pan. Spray top of bread with cooking spray and drizzle with honey (optional).

Place in 350° preheated oven and cook for one hour. Remove from oven. Transfer bread to wire rack and allow to cool.


I think this would be yummy with some apple butter on top too!

1 comment:

Hanna said...

YAY! I can't wait to try it... now to get motivated to cook...