Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The best gluten free apple cookies!

I wanted to make some apple cookies...

BUT...

I also wanted Cooper to be able to enjoy them...

The recipes for GF apple cookies were just weird. Really, really, really weird.

So I made it up...

And to my surprise, they were great!

Here it is folks. The best ever gluten free apple cookies.

  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup rice flour
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup chopped apples

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cream the coconut oil and brown sugar together. Mix in the egg and milk. Stir in the apples. Add the oats, corn starch, rice flour, baking soda,cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg.
  3. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet Bake for 13 minutes.


1 comment:

KAB said...

I made these twice and they all ran together, did not form a cohesive dough, and were extremely crumbly. I added 1 tsp Xanthan gum and they were all normal. Otherwise very yummy! Just thought I'd add this tip for anyone else taking a look at this recipe.